Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yoooouuu, you got what I neeeed...

I'm not feeling super Spiffy tonight, but I feel like I need to blog anyway.  I started this monster, I better keep on riding it, huh?

Dating someone new and trusting them not to stomp on your heart like a little tomato isn't easy.  I've been single for 4 years now and I've had my heart chopped into pico several times, but I've picked up the pieces and moved on.  I've learned that it's his fucking problem, not mine! : )  Seriously, I'm a pretty kick-ass chick and I refuse to let someone else's opinion of me bring me down...but I digress.

Will I ever get to the point that I'm tired of being disappointed by the actions of others?  Tired of putting my faith into someone that "this time, it will be different," and it never is?   Seriously, no shit, among other let-downs, I've been stood up on 3 dates in the past 4 months by two different guys. 

The first guy I let walk on me twice because he was a long-time obsession of mine and I really wanted to find out if I was missing anything.  Turns out I wasn't missing a damn thing because he flat-out ditched me.  No call, text, no apologies, and obviously, no clue what he was missing.

The other guy was just an idiot d-bag who apparently got too drunk to pick up the phone and tell me he hadn't left work. (yes...I used the words drunk and work in the same sentence...)  Instead he let me sit at the restaurant by myself, looking pathetic for 20 minutes until I just walked out. 

Now, you may be asking what the eff my problem is with my choice in men.  I only tell you to judge not lest ye be judged, my friends.  You don't know what it's like out there!!  The pickins aren't as abundant as they were in my 20s! : )

So, do I let the actions of these two schmucks keep me down?  Hell no!  I use them as fodder for my blog!  

In the sage words of Curtis Mayfield, "Keep on keepin on!"  My heart is open to the possibility that something better is out there.  Not every guy will be afraid of commitment, or like someone else more than you, or think you may be too old to give them a baby, or stand you up, or decide to join the Army, or...my list of "ors" can go on and on. 

One day, someone will live up to my expectations and be all that I know I deserve, and I'll be the same for him.  I believe that.  

Now, being the Spiffy Chick that I am, I can't end this blog on too fluffy of a note, so I'll end it with this - no sleep till Brooklyn, bitches!!

(ok, that's really a load of horseshit...I'm usually in bed by 10...) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment