Monday, September 6, 2010

Awful Foxy...

Why do I find so much pleasure in dropping the "f bomb"?  It is so un-ladylike and yet I just don't give a flying fuck! 

I was at a Labor Day party last night participating in a rousing beer pong tournament and I stopped for a brief moment when the words, "cock sucking piece of shit" came out of my mouth as I rimmed a cup and missed a shot.  I thought to myself, "wow, that was quite possibly overkill," but then I realized that I actually felt a little better post-expletive.  How can something so wrong, feel so right, right?

I like to tell the story of how I learned my favorite phrase, "for fuck's sake."  Back in the day, I hung out briefly with a couple of Scottish guys who were working on some kind of foreign exchange work program.  I couldn't really figure it out other than it was something their company offered and I was really pissed that I couldn't score a gig like that.  I would be a HIT in Scotland, I'm almost sure of it!

Anywhoo, they spoke really fast and had really heavy accents (which were really sexy I might add) and they would alway say, what I thought was, "awful foxy!" 

Turns out they were actually saying, "Aw for fuck's sake!"  Now, that makes A LOT more sense!  I'll never forget those guys (whatever their names were) and I'll never forget my favorite expletive, either!

I know there is a time and a place for cussing, and I also know that I may possibly scare off a potential hottie with my potty mouth.  But, then I figure if he can't handle my potty mouth, he couldn't handle me anyway, right?  Fuckin A!

What about you?  What word or phrase really helps you blow off steam?  Lay it on me!

2 comments:

  1. I must tell you how excited I am you posted this. I remember the awful foxy story like it was yesterday ... well, more like it was a couple months ago and I was pretty drunk. I also remember shut the front door and one or two others. Oh, and rining the bell. When are you going to blog about ringing the bell? Oh, and remember the time we got caught plucking my eyebrows with my head on your lap? Maybe - just maybe - you have stories like this on a daily basis ... but for me, these few were highlights of the early 2000s!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete