Sunday, September 5, 2010

Spreading Seeds...

The weather has been perfect his weekend, which has taken away some of my surliness; deal with it! 

Instead, my usual smart-ass opinions have been replaced with thoughts of appreciation.  I appreciate my life, the person I am today, and what it's taken me to get here.  I'm here to spread seeds of appreciation...since I'm not spreading any other seeds right now...but I digress.  : )

It is hard for me to keep my mouth shut when I see people take others for granted.  I see it between two loved ones.  I see it at work.  I see it between friends.  Appreciate the people in your life.  They are there because they want to be there and you want them to be there. (Well, maybe not at work...they probably have to be there, but appreciate them anyway!)

Even while typing this, I know that I'm a huge hypocrite when it comes to appreciating my mother.  There is years of water under that bridge and I'm trying really hard to wade through it.  I swear that I am.  It's just a slow process. 

OK, enough with the boo hooing.  I celebrated one of my oldest best friend's 40th birthday this weekend.  With me at the party was another one of my oldest best friends. Oldest isn't really the right word - these two girls have been in my life longer than most of my other friends - that's what I mean.

It was so cool to look back on our lives and think about all of the fun we've had together and, in my case, all of the fun I've forgotten that I had in my life (my memory SUCKS!).  We are all in great places in our lives and really great people - see more appreciation!! 

Speaking of "fun" that I've forgotten about, another one of my friends brought up a story about my youth that made me laugh because I swear to God, I don't remember one bit of this. 

I was living with a goon in my early 20's.  This goon was verbally and physically abusive and an all around worthless piece of shit.  I was young and stupid and eventually moved on, but while we were living together, apparently the FBI was watching our house because of all of the "activity" at the house!! 

She reminded me that I had to go to FBI headquarters and answer questions about this goon and his friends because they thought our house was a possible drug house.  Seriously, don't remember anything about that.  How crazy is that?   Oh, and by the way, I swear I was not living in a drug house.  If he dealt, I didn't know anything about it.   But now it makes me wonder whether my name is on record at the FBI for some stupid goon that I lived with in the early 90's!!!  Geez!

Love yourself, love your friends, and hug a tree.  Peace out, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment