Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Unemployment Chronicles - blah blah blah

I've officially been unemployed for two weeks. I've grown into a steady routine of waking up, hitting the gym, then applying for jobs. I'm telling you, there are actually a lot of jobs out there that I'm qualified for and would likely enjoy, but it's a BITCH getting anyone to call you back! I've never had this much trouble getting someone's attention. Maybe I should flash my tits ... that always seems to work. I kid. :)

Remember that job interview I had a week and a half ago? I found out this morning that the decision maker has been sick, which is why I haven't heard about the job - YET. I received an e-mail from the HR lady letting me know I should hear by the end of the week. I'm still feeling pretty good about my chances - cross whatever you've got for good luck and send it my way!

Random thought: I saw a commercial tonight for a new dating site called "blackpeoplemeet.com." Seriously? Is it necessary to create a website specifically to encourage inter-racial dating? What if someone created "whitepeoplemeet.com"? Oh wait ... it does exist. It's called the KKK. (ba dum dum).

Don't get me wrong, I'm well versed in online dating and I know first hand that it is extremely difficult to meet people online with which we have any interest in, let alone much in common. But, there is something about the site that rubs me the wrong way. Oh well. Good luck to them!

(Note: I was trying to think of something witty and smart assed to say about a crush that I have on a hot black actor so I Googled images of "hot black guys" to help me with my writers block. Apparently the Interwebs felt that I was looking for hot "naked" black guys ...  Whoa.)

On that note, I'll leave you all to decide whether you want to Google and find out for yourselves. ;) Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment