Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Unemployment Chronicles - Dia' Tres

I thought I'd add a little "international flair" to the title for all of my bilingual friends. You're welcome.

So, once again, today was a good day. I haven't hit the panic wall yet and I'm working hard to focus on the positives.

Unfortunately, I'm walking around like a fucking pirate with a peg leg because I jacked up my knee doing YOGA on Tuesday. I can barely bend it and can't put any pressure on it which, as my bestie Jen pointed out, will put a HUGE cramp in my social life ... if you know what I mean. You know, because I SPEND SO MUCH TIME ON MY KNEES! Gotta love my girl, Jen. Always knows how to make me feel special. :) xoxo

I'm not going to chronicle the hours today, just give you a broad overview of the events. Nothing new in the morning, but I had a two and a half hour interview in the afternoon!

I'm super pumped about this company! I found the position on LinkedIn and had sent in my resume about a month ago. They called me last week and sat up a phone interview for, coincidentally enough, the day I got axed.  Perfect timing if I do say so myself!

I met with three people, the woman who would be my boss, a manager of a department I would work with closely and the VP. I loved the atmosphere and the "feel" of the place and everyone I met was very nice.

They put me through the usual gamut of questions: what are your strengths and weaknesses, what did you like most and least about your jobs/supervisors/duties, why did you leave, etc. Like I usually do when I'm nervous about a situation, I channeled my "inner Oprah" and rocked their socks off! I almost wanted to jump up on the chair and start shouting "You get Kelly, and YOU get Kelly and hey, guess what YOU GET KELLY TOO!" Thankfully, I shook that urge off and kept it cool.

Before I left, they told me that they really liked me and that they had a couple more people to meet with early next week, but I should hear something no later than next Friday. While it was a grueling interview, they know how to knock it out in one shot!

Please send your positive thoughts my way, I really want this to work out. Mama wouldn't look good holding a sign on a street corner ...





No comments:

Post a Comment