Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Unemployment Chronicles - one long weekend

Hey friends, it's Sunday! I'm telling you that so that I can keep track of what day it is, not because I think you're all lacking in access to a calendar.

I'm beginning to feel a little like Chuck in Castaway. I haven't yet started having conversations with balls (well, there was that guy this weekend ... I kid ...), but I do feel like I need to make a concerted effort to keep track of which day it is because they've begun to blur together. Boo hoo. Suck it up, Spiffy!

When I talk to my friends about my "present predicament," they all tell me, "It will be OK." I want to say, "How do you know? Do you have a direct line to Ms. Cleo?" I know that they all mean well, but it could end up being "not OK."

I mean seriously, I'm sure the majority of the homeless people we pass on the streets each day thought they would be OK, too. But, instead, they're wearing 2nd hand, K-Mart panties, using cigarette ashes for eyeliner and eating pork-n-beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I REFUSE TO WEAR K-MART PANTIES! 

Maybe my disdain for anything K-Mart or ash-related will be the spark I need make sure that everything is, in fact, OK. It's a weird, scary feeling to not know whether things will truly be "OK."

Out of the pity pool and onto the fun stuff, Debbie Downer! I had a really good weekend. I had some good laughs and drinks with my friends and caught up with an old friend who I haven't seen in years. He filled my head with stories of my high school debauchery that I don't remember, but that I don't doubt either. We had a lot of fun in high school, but I am thankful that I don't have a daughter like me. :)

Tomorrow is Monday and let's hope that it's HIRE DAY! Positive thoughts!

xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment