Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Unemployment Chronicles - Day Two

In the words of the one and only Ice Cube, today was a good day. My chronicles aren't going to be that exciting, but I think it's necessary to dispel the assumption that I lead some kind of outrageous, wild and crazy single life.

8:00 am: Time to pee. Check WWF to see if Jeremy is catching up to me (not yet). Fall back asleep.

9:00 am: I finally drag my ass out of bed. All of you early risers - SUCK IT!

9:15 am: I feed the dogs, throw on some sweatpants, throw my hair up in a pony and take the dogs outside. I pick up two piles of poo because Zoie decides it's a double-deuce morning.  Asia spends her time sniffing out rabbits.

9:25 am: I discover that Asia waited to poo until she came back inside. I clean up more poo. Sonofabitch.

9:30 am: I applied for deferment on my student loans. I feel a little like a loser, but whatever. They'll have my money for the rest of my fucking life. Taking a couple of months off isn't going to change anything!

10:00 am: Shower. Curl hair, put on make up. I will not lay around and look like a slob just because I could be homeless in 30 days!

11:00 am: I eat a bowl of cereal and a cutie.  Cuties are for kids! Whatever.

11:30 am: I head to America's Contacts and Eyeglasses to pick up my prescription so that I can order contacts before my insurance expires. The rude chick gives me my prescription. I wanted to tell her that I could have her job, but I realized that I really don't want her job.

12:00 pm: After fighting with my phone GPS for 15 minutes, I inadvertently run into the JcPenney and realize they accept my VSP. After speaking with the nice lady, it turns out they won't accept my ACE prescription after all, so I make an appointment to start all over again.

In the meantime, I check my e-mail and see that I've been invited to an interview tomorrow afternoon!  I do a quick happy dance and head out.

12:30 pm: I stop by the Walmarts and pick up some necessities, including toilet paper. Providing I have no heavy ass-wiping company over in the next 30 days, I should be stocked.


1:00 pm: I come home, eat a quick, healthy lunch and start working on the "Career History" form that they want me to send to them. I work on it until 3:00, then head out for my eye exam.

3:30 pm: Have the longest eye exam with the nicest lady I've ever met. I left with a nice, new pair of contacts and 6-months worth being shipped to me. Got it all for $35.  Yeah for VSP!

5:05 pm: Get home, feed the hounds again, blah, blah, pick up poo, blah blah.

6:00 pm: Eat dinner and work on finishing the career form. After about two hours and what I believe is sheer perfection, I realized that I'd never saved the fucker to my actual computer, it's out there in temporary file land. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until I'd closed the document. 

8:30 pm: I start all over on the career history form from HELL!

10:45 pm: I finish the fucking form and send it off.  I've also finished off at least 3 glasses of wine by now and hope that I didn't get too loosey-goosey in my answers...

Tomorrow is a big day for me!  I have to be charming, interesting and intelligent. Oh wait ... I'm all of those things already. ;) 

Trying to stay positive, people ... with any luck, I'll have a job before my first unemployment check arrives! Fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment