Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Detox Day 3 - or "Why does asparagus make your pee smell weird?:

There comes a point after most decisions when you question what in the hell you were thinking.  That's what happened to me and my co-workers during detox day three. Although I definitely questioned myself today, I still felt pretty good and I wasn't hungry - other than my constant coffee craving.  Oh, and FYI, hot tea does not sate that craving.  In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that hot tea sucks.  I'm pretty sure Juan Valdez and his ass didn't travel down a mountain with a pouch full of tea leaves, right? Nope, his pouches were full of beautiful, aromatic, tasty coffee beans....sigh...  

Another ass-kicker about today, 5 boxes of Girl Scout cookies that I ordered three months ago arrived today.  FIVE BOXES!  What in the hell was I thinking?!  I'm one girl!  One girl who really loves cookies, mind you, but my ass doesn't love them!

My dinner this evening was a bountiful veggie feast: a pan full of fried new and sweet potatoes (yes, I can cook with olive oil. I'm not cheating), sauteed mushrooms with an anaheim pepper, onion and ginger, and an acorn squash baked with olive oil, nutmeg and cinnamon. Sounds yummy, doesn't it? Sounds like I should be living in a teepee somewhere, that's what I think! It was very yummy and I'd definitely eat any and all of these options as a side dish, but they would have been much more satisfying with a chicken breast or possibly a piece of carrot cake.
 
On a positive note, I woke up this morning 3 lbs thinner - that's a total of 4 lbs. gone in 3 days.  I'm pretty sure I pooped most of it out, but whatever. A pound is a pound however you lose it.
 
Everyone keeps asking why I'm doing this and I'm beginning to not buy my own story. Cravings are the devil in disguise.  They creep up on you, sit on your shoulder and whisper in your ear, telling you how pretty you look, but that you'd look much prettier WITH THIS IN YOUR MOUTH!  
 
Day three thank you for visiting.  Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
 
 
 
 

2 comments: