Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And the beat goes on...

I like it when songs pop into my head.  I believe that my subconscious speaks to me in song lyrics.  It tells me something that I need to know or that I'm feeling but don't realize.  Good ole' Sonny and Cher spoke to me tonight after another not so promising first "date."

First of all, I want you all to know that I'm not a feminist, nor am I Betty Francis, but I do believe that on the first "date," there should be some sort of chivalry on the man's behalf. 

For example, if I order one beer; buy my beer.  It's $4.00.  I'm not an expensive date. It's not like you're spending $115 and leave feeling like I'm a "wasted investment" (thanks for the one, Angry Beer Gut Dude). 

Again, I make my own money and I can buy my own beer, but it's the flippin' principle!  If I pull out my debit card and offer to pay for my beer, say, "No, I got this.  You get the next one," and I absolutely will. That $4.00 could be the best investment you ever made.  Who knows...

Another suggestion, if it's raining like cats and dogs and I tell you that storms and driving in storms freak me out, don't just leave me at the bar and take off.  Ride the storm out with me.  Again...10 minutes could lead to something more...who knows?  

The common denominator in all of my "not so productive" dates is me, so maybe it's me?!  Am I too picky?  Expecations too high?   Who knows.

I do know that I'll continue to share the trials and tribulations of my dating life, but only the bad ones.  I'll keep the good ones to myself...a girl has to have some secrets, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment