Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Super Cala Blog-a-Licious. Expi Bloga-docious.

I have no idea where that bologna title came from.  It just popped in my head like most of the random thoughts that I have.  I bet you won't be able to stop humming the song, though!

After an almost confrontation with a teen Emo punk this weekend, I realized that as much as I like kids, I really dislike teenagers.  Sorry if any of you are reading my blog...wait...it's highly unlikely you'll take any time away from your video games or texting to read something, so I'm good.

Why don't I like teens?  I was a teenager once.  I was a BITCH of a teenager once.  Once you say?  Suck it.

But seriously, I guess it's not that I don't like teens, I just don't know how to relate to teens as a "parental figure."  That's the problem in a nutshell.  I have no problem being the cool lady, but I think I'm at the age where I should be less of the "cool lady" and more of an adult.  It sucks.

So, what brought this blatherskite on, you may ask? I had a little "run in" with a couple of teenage punks at McD's this weekend.  I was backing out of my space at the same time that they were backing out of theirs (apparently) and the d-bag thought he needed to honk at me just in case I didn't see him in my super-high-tech rear view backing mirror with backing sensors (did I mention that I love my car??).

Well, I actually didn't see him, but Maynard hadn't started beeping so I knew that I was no where near his car.  He honked, I stopped, looked out my drivers side window to the vacuous stare of a teenager.  So, being the adult in this situation, what did I do?  Well, I flipped him off.  Yep, I flew the bird.  Gave him the one-finger salute.  Showed him which way was up.  You get it.

Now, the second after I did it, I thought, "What the fuck did you do that for?"  Unfortunately, once the bird takes off, there is no reeling it back in.  The damage was done. 

So he pulls out, I pull out and start to leave the parking lot.  When I rounded the corner, the idiot had pulled over and gotten his scrawny, too-tight pants, floppy skull-cap wearing ass out of his friends car and started walking toward my car.  No way in hell was I going to pull over and have it out with Emo Teen Wolf, so I kept driving while waving and blowing kisses. 

He wasn't too happy.  I, on the other hand, was quite amused.   Now, is this the action of someone who should be a parental figure?  I literally could have been his mother and instead of "acting my age," I flipped him off, waved and blew kisses. 

I'm awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't matter how old this blog post is. A+ for awesomeness. Thank you! Loves Nat.

    ReplyDelete