Wednesday, December 17, 2014

V8 Moments ...

I was a little salty in my last post. I apologize for the rant, but I had somethings to unload. Consider my load dropped. ;)

Now, onto something more positive and exciting - I'm buying a house!

I know, some of you who know me are shaking your head going, "what the WHA!?" Here's the deal; I had a V8 moment last month while I was sitting around, thinking about my life. It just hit me that it was time. I am tired of living in someone else's home.

I've never really wanted to own my own home. I thought it would probably be too expensive and I didn't want to mess with the upkeep. I was also holding onto the (now pretty slim) possibility that I'd meet the next "Mr. Spiffy." 

I'd daydream about him professing his eternal love to me... We'd decide that we couldn't spend any nights away from each other, so we'd buy a house and in this house we'd have lots of awesome sex! (RECORD SCRATCH) But then I woke up. 

I realized that I'm tired of waiting around for life and love to HAPPEN to me. I need to MAKE it happen. I know ... so philosophical, Spiffy, but I really do hold myself back from happiness at times and I'm not sure why. I'm trying really hard to fix this character flaw!

I started thinking about how much I don't like being told what I can and can't put in my garbage disposal, how many dogs or what breed dog I can own, whether or not I can nail anything into my walls, or worrying about making too much "noise." (wink, wink)

So, about a month ago I thought I'd put it out to the universe that it was time for me to be a SOLO homeowner. I reached out to a girl friend of mine who had recently posted on Facebook that she's now a real estate agent. I've known Annie since middle school, but I never really "knew" her.

I am so happy that I had my epiphany and so happy that I reached out to Annie! She isn't only my real estate agent; I really do consider her my friend. She's SO positive and within the first week of looking, helped me find my PERFECT little forever home!

Everything has moved really fast, but really smoothly. I'm a big believer in things that are "meant to be," and feel that this process has moved as smoothly as it has because it's the right path; it's the path I'm supposed to be taking. 

So, barring an apocalypse, by the end of January I will be moved into my NEW HOME! It's been renovated and is seriously move-in ready. I'll have to put up a fence in the Spring, but that's about it. 

So, there it is. The first non-surly Spiffy blog post. Never fear ... I'm sure I'll have something to snark about soon, so keep on checking back. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment