Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pants? Who needs 'em?!

It is officially too hot for pants.  I've decided that it's pants-free Thursday and I'm feeling pretty good about it.  I invite you all to strip down and join in the revolution! Cellulite, be damned!

So the Supreme Court upheld "Obamacare" today. The raging liberal in me has been flying imaginary birds at all of the Republicans I know, and anyone I come across who I think may be a Republican.  It's been fun. The rest of me just wonders, "what's next?"

I don't for a second believe the "Rs" will let this go and if Obama can't hold onto the White House, who knows what Romney and his Magical Pants Posse will do?
I'm excited that birth control pills will soon be free so I can have unprotected sex with men and not worry about getting knocked up - that's the bonus for me! (Disclaimer: I do not have unprotected sex with random men ... only one ... and he's fixed.)

We'll see how this continues to play out.  Like everything else in politics, I'm sure it will be blown up, over-exaggerated and beaten into the ground while the Republicans continue in their efforts to deport the "illegals" who are putting their blood, sweat and tears into doing the jobs their white collar lazy asses wouldn't do anyway. But, I digress ...

Now, onto the fun stuff, what have I learned this past week?

- I've learned that opportunities are presented to you for a reason and they should be considered with an open mind and open heart.  I'll leave it at that for now.

- I've learned that while things may look great on the outside, often times it's not so great on the inside.  To my friend who decided to go back to being single this week - you're beautiful and smart and deserve the best.  Don't settle for illusions, uncertainty and broken promises.

- I've learned that regardless of who it is, it's kind of flattering to be hit on at a CVS Pharmacy. Or anywhere for that matter.  I looked good in my black dress and he noticed.  Thank you random black guy.  I appreciate the compliment!

- I've been reminded that I don't care how cheap the wine, if it's cold, it tastes good when it's 110 degrees outside.

That's all.  Peace, love and pants-free fun!

4 comments:

  1. Funny that you refer to the birth control as "free." I suppose that will be funny until April 15th.

    Here's my take on the 'illegals.' I have no problem with immigrants coming to America. After all, who wouldn't want to come here? Ok, well there is Gary Glitter but, I digress. There is a legal process in place to become a citizen. It's a slap in the face to all the immigrants who entered the country legally regardless if it was in 2011 or 1911. If we don't at least attempt to identify and deport the illegals there isn't much point of having a boarder at all, is there?

    Open mind and an open heart? Interesting. Do tell us more....

    Mr. H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mr. H. ... how much fun is it to piss off one of my few hard core Republican friends. :)

    My "open head and heart" opportunity was a job opportunity presented to me. It fell through, but I believe it was for the best.

    Loosen up and drop your pants, H. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hardcore Republican? I don’t think that it’s fair to paint me with that brush. And I wasn’t PO’d. Just pointing some differing views of your post. That is unless your blog is a one-sided discussion. I will give you points for the standard MSNBC/Chris Matthews “get your panties out of a wad you pussy Republicans! because we can’t really justify a dignified counter to your valid discussion points” response though.

    I had to pull my pants back up….we just got back from a cruise through the waters of the Caribbean in which the pants were fully discarded. Slightly burnt my johnson but with a little aloe, all will be good.

    H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog is not one-sided at all ... hence the reason I published your comments. :)

    Very jealous of your cruise. Sounds fantastic, sunburned junk and all. :)

    ReplyDelete