Monday, November 1, 2010

"Bad people are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

Now, you may think that Spiffy Chick only likes to talk shit and drop "f-bombs."  While both of those assumptions are true, there is much, much more to good ole' Spiffy. 

Tonight, I'm going to balance on my tippy toes on top of my soap box.  Tomorrow are the mid-term elections and I wonder how many of you will actually get off your ass and go out and vote.  I'm guessing, not too many.

As much as I dislike the redundancy of the political ads spewing lies and negativity over the past few months, I really hope that everyone gets off the couch and takes a few minutes to make your opinion known.  Even though you may not have the same opinion as me, you should have an opinion and should care about who represents your voice.

Realistically, this mid-term election will temporarily energize us, lull us into the false hope that things will be different. It would be awesome if we all took some time to educate ourselves about what's going on with our economy and in our country and, heck, in the world!  Learn to understand that what we're spoon-fed by the media isn't always (is rarely) the complete truth.  

Wouldn't it be nice to understand the noises coming out of the gaping hole in that talking head on TV?  To know whether they were telling you even a partial truth or spinning something into a neat little package that you will surely gobble up?

OK, that's all.  My legs are tired from all of this soap-box standing.  Live long, prosper, and make a difference!

1 comment: