Saturday, August 28, 2010

S-A-T U R-D A Y NIGHT!

Sing it with me, hipsters!  That's right, it's Saturday night and I'm not going to spend the entire evening on my couch.  Can I get a "hell yeah!?"  (crickets chirping)...I guess not.

I'm meeting my "Gardner buds" at Torreon for some tasty Mexican food and margaritas.  Doesn't get much better than that combination - friends, food, and foreplay! (margaritas...get it?...).  I kid.

So I picked up a Redbox movie this afternoon - The Backup Plan.  Jennifer Lopez is a successful woman who just happens to be my age and she decides she's not going to wait around for 'the one' anymore - she's going to take the bull by the horns and have a baby all by herself!  Enter (stage left) hot dude with kick ass abs and a killer smile who just happens to be charming, sweet, sensitive (but not too sensitive that you would want to JUST have tea and jam with him and talk about your feelings), funny, and just aggressive enough to make your girly bits tingle when he looks at you.   She is inseminated the day their paths happen to cross, they fall in love, he decides he loves her enough to raise the babies as his own, he shows off his killer abs a few more times, and....scene.

I poke fun, but I thought it was a cute movie and it always makes me wonder if I'd make that choice one day.  Would I throw caution to the wind and decide to either have a baby on my own or adopt?  I don't know.  I can't say right now, but I think about it a lot.  I don't really know if I'm cut out to be a mom, let alone a single mom.  One of life's many questions...right up there with "can I get a what-what?"  Yes Jay Z, I'll give you a what-what.

Speaking of Jay Z and his what-what's, did you ever want to be a rapper, maybe just for a day?  I used to listen to that song and try really hard to flow like that chick, "...You ain't gotta be rich but fuck that, how we gon' get around on yo bus pass?  Fo I put this pussy on yo mustache.."  My favorite part; that I could never quite flow as well as she did was "..when you produce a rock, I let you meet momma and introduce you to poppa."  She made it sound so fucking cool and I just sounded like a stuttering idiot!  Damnit.  I'll never be a rapper.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment